Sunday 23 February 2014

Princess for one day - A Prom Wishlist/Inspiration...

Hello!
The next few months are probably going to be the most exciting and terrifying times ever. I don't exaggerate when I mention the dreaded A Level exams, choosing University places, flying the nest on my first girls holiday, and the all important leavers prom...

Today's post is something a little different.. In June, I'll be joining teenage girls around Europe in fulfilling the chaos that is Prom preparation! I have to admit, being princess for one night is rather exciting (if I manage not to fall over my dress/spill something down it/get it caught in a door..). I'm hoping to organise myself early, so today's post is a little 'how I'm getting on' inspiration post!

I recently received an email from Dressale.com asking me to take a look at their prom dresses, in hope of creating a wish list of my favourites. This was a lot harder that I first anticipated - because I can officially say I LOVED EVERY DRESS! So, to make it a little easier, I've created my own personal 'wishlist' with some inspiration for your own dresses too!


For my little wish list, I put together a little outfit which I thought was pretty, elegant and a little cheeky with an open back. I wouldn't personally choose the colour on them model, as I'd proffer a dark purple colour, as I feel it would make the white top details stand out further. To complement I chose an embroidered clutch and sequin heels!

To check out the dress for yourself click here: http://www.dressale.com/gorgeous-floorlength-prom-dress-with-delicately-embroidered-bodice-and-cutout-back-p-89688.html


Below are a few other dresses, that really caught my eye. I love how different styles of dresses fall - from the mermaid cut (which falls from the knee's) to the gathered bust (which falls much higher). I also love how Dressale offers a range of colours - all the dresses below come in several colours to suit your own preferences! Personally, I like darker colours (otherwise I look even paler) so would definitely find picking my own colour of dress useful!


If your interested in co-operating with me over the next few months, I'll hopefully be posting lots more inspiration for school proms and leaver's balls, so please drop me an email at: blondiesstylefix@live.co.uk. Also, If you had your prom in the last 12 months, or already have your dress for this year, let me know as I'd love to hear from you! 

That's all from me now, I'll shut myself off from looking at dresses for the rest of my evening, to watch the next episodes of Call The Midwife, and Mr Selfridge (hooray)!

Lots of Love,

10 comments:

  1. We only have a prom at the end of secondary school (16) not after A levels, I wish we had it later because I think everyone I know wishes they could have chosen a different dress now haha! I would definitely go with something like that first minty green one if I could do mine again, so pretty.

    http://thelittlehappys.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress surely is very beautiful, I loved the mint green one
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that must be a bit nerve racking but it is also an exciting time for you. You will make a gorgeous princess regardless of what you wear, it who is inside that matters. Just relax and have fun.

    Meanwhile, these dresses are so glamorous. Wow!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had a prom at the end of A levels, my secondary school one was a disappointment and would have loved a college one, but my college held a few thousand students and I can't imagine the could've organised one so huge, you're so lucky!

    I love the top dress in the pink, it's gorgeous. Not usually a huge fan of pink dresses but that one is stunning. Some great choices here!

    missisgoode.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing dresses you picked! Did you receive your wishlist from Dressale? I'm curious! I'll be making my list soon as well!

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing dresses :)
    and great blog! :)
    And what do you think follow each other? :)
    http://free-to-be-myself-forever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I have a question? :) Dresssale sent me the email too.. so does it work? is it true that they will send you dress you choose from their website? thank you for answer. http://chilli-chocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. super ;) ja zapraszam do mnie ;;) http://zizi-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ładne suknie.
    http://parkspati.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mint dress is adorable! Great choice!
    I'm your new follower, hope you follow back)))

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)