Thursday 6 June 2013

style up the 'office dress'...

Hello! 
Today's post was based on my recent sixth form style 'office dress' habits. I always find it a struggle to put together outfits that are 1. comfortable (because your in them all day) 2. Suitable (only so many ways you can wear a blazer) and 3. fitting the outfit to my own personal style.

As an example of my day to day torture (school would be a lot more comfortable in joggers) I grabbed my sister to take a few 'post-school' shots of toady's outfit!
Comfort is always my number one goal! They say 'no pain, no gain,' but this isn't always the case. 10 hours of  wearing uncomfortable heels? no thanks.. I always advise buying top branded shoes for work/school - and heals with a strong base! Top Shop, Clark's, Barratt's and Next offer a great range of office suitable heels/shoes.
My favourites are these Tan brogues, from Clark's - I also have a similar pair from Top Shop, which I also love!
Finding suitable clothing for work is another aggravation. What you think is knee length, is not always KNEE LENGTH. Most high street shops try and persuade the customer that 'our office wear, really is office wear,' but in fact, a body-con skirt is not really suitable! I've found Dorothy Perkins, H&M, Primark and M&S offer the best range of work clothing! 
My skirt was £20* from Dorothy Perkins, and I love the colour and fit of the skirt. Make sure you sign up for a newsletter, because Dotty P do some fab discounts (up to 20% off!).
Finally, cramming your own style into an outfit, that consists of a blazer and knee length skirt, can be tricky! I wasn't comfortable with my uniform at the start of the year, but it's worth playing around with a clash of colours or different styled jackets to change your outfit to suit you! I've never been a fan of 'matching' colours, so I love 'mix-n-matching' different colours! 
To add my own twist, I also rolled up my blazer by rolling the sleves up, and added a cute bunting necklace from Little Birdie London.
























What I'm wearing: Shirt - Primark, Blazer - H&M, Skirt - Dorothy Perkins, Brogues - Clarks, Bag - Market, Necklace - Little Birdie


I hope you're all enjoying the UK sunny weather (while it lasts at least...). 
It's definitely my motivation to getting through collage at the moment!
Lots of Love,

12 comments:

  1. This is simply adorable! I love the blazer. Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit!! Everything about it is gorgeous in it's own way. Love the skirt with the peplum and the shoes especially(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. ! !
    www.ourjaipur.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comment on my blog.


    petitesideofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this for the office. You look really great!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit - love the blazer and skirt :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfit such a classic very pretty x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh this is a problem I deal with on a daily basis at the Government! It's so hard leaving your personality at home and wear dull office clothing but I think the office fashion has developed quite a lot in the past years and you can wear bold colours and not stand out like a sore thumb! I LOVE the colour of the skirt, really lovely colour and well done on finding an actual knew length ;) I find stretchy material skirts are the ones that rise most, fitted zipped skirts are a lot better! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww love this outfit! So cute :)
    xx
    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute look! I love that skirt. It's a great all-year color. That shirt is great too. I would never think to wear a statement necklace with it- it works!

    Great post! And your blog rocks! Check mine out. Maybe we can follow each other :D
    Alicia
    Lattes & Lacee

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfit! that jacket is gorgeous and the blouse looks really delicate and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zepherra OUTLET or ZOULET is your destination for great deals on women’s clothes. You can find budget-friendly everyday pieces and accessories that can take you from day to night. Originally conceived as a clearinghouse for Zepherra merchandise, Z OUTLET has reinvented as a unique curated collection of chic urban outfits. All items are curated meticulously with special focus on quality and workmanship to ensure that every piece is a value buy. Our customer service team and personal stylists are always ready to help you to have a smooth shopping experience with us. Everyday Deals on Dresses, work clothes, work dress, korean style, korean fashion, office wear, online clothes shopping, office dress, workwear, Tops and Accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)