Sunday 17 March 2013

Hello Oxford! The city of old buildings, bicycles and very clever people...

Happy Sunday! I haven't blogged in a while and I thought it was about time I explained myself. I've been on and off trains the last few days, as I spent a few days in the beautiful city of Oxford!

I was offered a chance to attend a study day at Oxford along with a friend (Emma) - which was an offer I wasn't likely to turn down! As I'm still fairly indecisive about the 'what I want to be when I'm grown up' question, I thought it would be a great opportunity to see what studying at university is really like! Aside the hours of shopping, photographing buildings and buying cakes in every coffee shop, I really enjoyed learning more about the university and the courses it offers!

While I was there, I decided to give my £10 Primark boots a test of ware - and was pleasantly surprised to see I had escaped any blisters! Thank you Primark!

As I had my camera hung around my neck, I thought I'd share with you a few shots of the two days visit! If you've ever been/lived in Oxford, then you'll understand why it's so easy to fall in love with. It's unlikely my little brain is enough to attend the university, but it was definitely worth the visit! 



As you can see, no bike - no getting around the city! After the two day's my feet killed from all the walking! For that reason, I can't really say it was my most 'fashion worthy' outfit choices - simply because I was carrying everything on my back!  


Here we are standing in the library quarters, I loved Emma's colourful jeans - practical and ready for Spring! Behind us is one of the many tours that a free to tag onto, around the city. 
The tour guides really know their stuff! 

Our accommodation for the night was provided by Wadham Collage - which was beautiful! I managed to find the university outfitters, to buy myself some memorabilia and loved the endless Oxfam charity shops!

Well there you have it! A few days of heaven in comparison to the coursework and revision I have scheduled for the next few weeks!

If you ever get the chance to visit Oxford - GO! It doesn't disappoint!

Lots of Love,

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I am from Oxford and it is the beautiful city in the world to me :) x

    www.Anemistyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, Really? Your so lucky!
      I wanted to stay (but I'd run out of money from all the cakes I'd been buying in endless coffee shops!) :) X

      Delete
  2. Great pictures :)

    xx
    http://thelastbrokenroad.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos. Oxford looks lovely!

    Tasha x
    http://tashalaurencleary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Oxford, my brother goes to uni there and i love a cheeky visit!
    I saw your post on the Company feed.
    Would love to follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know with a comment and I always follow back!
    You have a great blog and I love your style of writing!
    Love G xx

    www.supercalafashionistic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia,
      Your brother is very lucky!
      That would be great - I'll check your blog out now :)
      p.s. thank you for the kind words!
      Love
      Grace X

      Delete
  5. Looks like a beautiful place!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you guys had a great time!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)