Sunday 10 February 2013

Time to put on my Party shoes...

Hope you've all been having a lovely weekend! 
Before I rant on about today's post I've got a little announcment (well two - but hey ho).
First, 'Blondies Style Fix' is reaching out to Facebook! For those of you that find it easier to follow on a social network, please hit 'like' as it would be so great to get some support! If you drop me a comment, I'd be happy to 'like' your pages too!
Secondly, I'm so excited to tell you all I'll be hosting my first giveaway very soon! I'm so close to reaching 200 followers of GFC, (which was far more than I ever expected) so please show your support and I'll get organising something special for you all...

Today's post is centred around the Panto 'After show party' I went to last night. It was a great chance to go shopping for a new dress, and slap on 'normal' make-up, rather than the bright blue eye shadow and red lipstick I'd been wearing during show week! I wanted a dress which would be used both day and night, and after hours of searching, this River Island dress ticked all the boxes! 

 I added a belt from Primark, to give a splash of colour. The great this about this dress, is the detailed pattern. It means you can get away with minimalistic accessories - which is always a plus when your dancing all night! I also put on my sturdy Clark's heels - mainly because I'm not the steadiest under the influence of alcohol!

My clutch was also a River Island purchase from the sale in January. I always go for simplistic clutches, as you can pair them up with everything - black, pink and creams are great colours! 

My sister, Lydia, also got all dressed up for the evening (which makes a change from her usual jeans and t-shirt!) Believe it or not, she is the younger sister... although she towers over me and most the time more mature as well! 

She went for a classic dress, from International - and I just love the colour! The pleat's on the skirt make this piece a dateless wardrobe item, and for the benefit of the photos, she stole my clutch

What I'm Wearing - Dress and clutch - River Island, Belt - Primark.
What Lydia's Wearing - Dress - International, Shoes - New Look, Bracelets - Top Shop

Well, that's all from me today. I can smell another Sunday dinner downstairs (there's nothing like your mothers cooking!).
Has anyone else been doing anything nice the last few days? Enjoy the rest of your weekends! 
Lots of Love,

7 comments:

  1. Love the dress and the way you have teamed it with a cute slim belt lovely look ! x

    http://krystelcouture.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your friend are both such gorgeous girls :D xx
    http://bleedinginwardly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous girls and dresses!
    http://anemistyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous girl!!! I love your curly hair <3

    Eirini
    http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your look!
    xxx
    Shanon
    www.kissmyfashion.org

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look super great & this bag is amazing ! , love it

    Am following you with GFC ,
    NOW , IT'S YOU TURN TO FOLLOW ME PUMPKIN !

    N@NY
    http://nanybuz91.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks that's so kind.
      I'll head over to your blog now X

      Delete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)